I’m big on resolutions, in part because I like lists. OCD aside, I also like the opportunity to take on a new challenge. I have many goals this year for the OOS, and sustainability goals for myself. I hope sharing these with you will help you to develop a personal goal to incorporate sustainability into your life. Leave us a comment and share your goals for 2012!
Here are some high impact suggestions to get you started:
- Turn off your computer when you aren’t using it.
- Skip the plastic bags.
- Give up bottled water.
- Eat more locally grown food.
A few of my goals for OOS this year…
- Make this blog conversational (instead of announcement board)and useful for you. If you’d like to contribute – tell me!
- Make the website more functional and interesting.
- Increase the number of students participating in our programs. If volunteering is on your list of resolutions – I can help you out.
- Throw an awesome Earth Day event! Woo!
- Increase the number of energy-focused programming on campus.
- Publish a campus green guide.
Trey, our sustainability coordinator has a few resolutions to share too…
- Complete the climate action plan by December.
- Renew our registration with STARS and work to improve our rating in 2012.
- Exceed the Chancellor’s 5% energy reduction goal.