There are not one, but two opportunities for creativity and sustainability to coincide!
First: For all people: Fourth Annual Sustainability Shorts Film competition – http://sustain.uncg.edu/shorts.html
You are eligible if you:
1. Create a short film about sustainability (shorter than 10 mins)
2. Turn it (and form) in to Sarah Dorsey by March 29, 2013 – application form on website above.
Prizes: $500, $300, $200 and $100 audience award (or equipment of equivalent value)
The entries will be screened as part of the UNCG Sustainability Film Series at the Weatherspoon Art Museum at 6:30 on the evening of Thursday, April 18. Judging will be based upon criteria that will include, but not be limited to, concept, cinematography, acting, production quality, costuming, and writing. The winners will be announced at a celebratory reception following the screening on April 18.
Second: Second Annual Creative Sustainability Initiative (CSI) – (FOR UNCG STUDENTS ONLY)
UNCG undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled full-time in any major may submit a project proposal. Students are limited to one proposal per discipline. Students graduating in May or August 2013 may not apply.
The following disciplines are included:
• Visual arts (including media)
• Performing arts: Music, Dance, Theatre
• Fiction Writing and Poetry
• Interior Architecture
Proposals are due March 29, 2013 by 5:00p.m., and must include the following:
• Brief biography of applicant, including: name, year, major, contact information
• Description of the project, not to exceed three pages.
• Detailed budget of materials. No travel or consultant fees will be covered by the grant
• Portfolio review is required for all disciplines. Submission details are as follows:
-Music, Dance, Visual Art, Interior Architecture – Include a URL of current work
– Fiction Writing – URL of current work is acceptable, or you may include four pieces of current work as a hard copy with your proposal.
If submitting your proposal by e-mail send to: Sarah Dorsey email@example.com
If submitting a paper copy please hand deliver or put in campus mail to Sarah Dorsey,
Harold Schiffman Music Library, Music Building, 100 McIver St.
Please Contact Sarah Doresy at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Sustainability Office at email@example.com if you have any questions.